Our skin has an underlying layer of collagen that helps in keeping it firm, plump, and smooth. Depletion of collagen can cause a bunch of skin issues including wrinkles, folds, fine lines, acne scars and more. Therefore, restoring the lost collagen is certainly the main aim of a skin resurfacing plan. Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is gaining an immense popularity owing to its ease of the procedure, lesser downtime, and relatively low cost along with a host of skin benefits. Best Products to Use after Microneedling Just like every other skin treatment, it is extremely crucial to diligently follow an aftercare regimen post microneedling procedure. A proper aftercare can be quite beneficial in minimizing the healing time as well as maximizing the effects of the treatment.
Following are some of the best products to use after microneedling—
- Skin clearing vitamin C infused serum not only prevent infection and enable faster healing but also is loaded with antioxidants that help in fighting a host of skin concerns.
- Retinol moisturizer helps retain the thickness and elasticity of the skin.
- The hyaluronic acid serum helps in hydrating and plumping the skin as well as boosting the collagen production.
- In cases where there is a high risk of infection, antibacterial creams such as Neosporin or Polysporin are prescribed to prevent further infection.
- Cell renewal lotions and some facial masks may also work well to enhance the penetration into the new skin.
- Natural scar creams help treat and fade scars from acne, surgery, stretch marks, or from various skin treatments. With ingredients such as vitamin E, cocoa butter, shea butter, and a variety of essential oils, it help replenishes the lost nutrients of the skin. Microneedling Aftercare
- Always use a mild cleanser to gently cleanse your face post-treatment. Make sure you wash and sanitize your hand before touching the treated area.
- Use a soft towel to pat your skin dry.
- Applying serum antioxidants after the treatment can help lessen the irritation by soothing and healing the skin.
- Dryness and flakiness is common post-treatment which can last up to a week. You can use hyaluronic acid which is an ideal balancing agent to hydrate and restore the skin.
- Hyaluronic acid is one of the best products to use after microneedling.
- As the skin begins to regenerate, you can use collagen stimulating peptides in order to maximize the effects of the stimulation.
- It is recommended to avoid using any makeup for at least 3 days post-treatment. Moreover, applying makeup with an unclean brush can further contribute to infection. It is always better to use mineral makeup after any treatment.
- Avoid any direct sun exposure, saunas, tanning beds, and any kind of heat treatments for at least 2 weeks after the procedure. Do not go swimming for at least 3 days post-treatment.
- For long-term protection, it is advisable to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to increase the skin barrier and enhance the treatment outcomes.
- Avoid skincare products containing retinol, alpha hydroxy acid, beta hydroxy acid, and vitamin C for at least 10 days post-treatment.
- Do not exercise or indulge in any strenuous activities for at least 3 days post-procedure.
Why Choose Us?
At Metamorphosis Clinic, we believe that the overall skin health is more important than the tone. With a calming clinic ambiance to meet all the comfort needs of our clients, we provide advanced treatments with a hands-on approach to skin problems.