Is PRP Hair Treatment The Best Option For Hair Loss? Does it work, and is it safe? Copy
The problem of Hair Loss can be a large emotional burden on people that can affect self-confidence and even cause depression. Numerous traditional, cosmetic, and medical methods have been developed for treating the problem of hair loss. However, a lot of these methods have side effects and long-term ramifications. One novel, natural therapy that doesn’t need surgery, medication, or ointments that is gaining popularity for reversing hair loss and regrowing hair is the PRP hair treatment.
PRP hair treatment stands for Platelet-rich plasma injection therapy that uses platelets from a person’s blood to potentially reverse hair loss. This therapy is a 3-step process. In the first step of the treatment, blood is drawn from a patient’s arm and put into a centrifuge. In the next stage of the treatment, the blood in the centrifuge is separated into different layers like platelet-poor plasma, platelet-rich plasma, and red blood cells. In the third stage of treatment, the platelet-rich plasma is inserted into the scalp of the person undergoing the treatment.
Platelets are known to heal body tissues, promoting growth including follicles that foster hair growth. Since the platelet-rich plasma contains 5 times more platelets than regular blood, it may stimulate the faster growth of dermal papilla cells that can result in faster hair growth. Not only the treatment fosters hair growth, but it has also led to a boost in the overall thickness of the hair.
The effectiveness of PRP Hair Treatment
PRP Hair treatment is one of the most advanced hair treatments that provides astonishing results in a short span of time. There are many research and case studies that have studied the effectiveness of PRP Hair treatment and its after-effects. One of the most widely accepted and acknowledged observations of these studies revealed that PRP treatment is apt and widely recommended to treat Androgenetic Alopecia which is also known as Hormone Related Baldness. It also suggested that PRP Hair treatment is suitable for both men as well as women. The treatment is safe but must be performed under the supervision and direction of a trained medical practitioner having considerable experience in offering PRP Hair treatment.
There are no proven side effects of PRP Hair treatment. However, there can be some side effects such as muscle aches, infection at injection sites depending on the medical history and coping mechanism of the patient. An initial consultation can provide you with a great idea about the procedure. It can help you to clear your doubts and aid you to prepare for the treatment.
Here are some benefits of PRP based hair treatment that makes it the best option for hair loss:
- Minimally invasive – One of the greatest benefits of PRP hair treatment that makes it the most prefered treatment for receding hairline and rigorous hair loss is the minimal invasion that it demands. The treatment is non-surgical and successfully eliminates the agony and apprehensions concerning the surgery and its after-effects. The obtrusive strategy of PRP treatment involves the removal of blood cells and infusing the platelet-rich plasma into hardened issues. Typically the treatment requires a few injections on the scalp during the sessions and does not require any surgery. As a result, this treatment is a minimally invasive treatment with no much pain involved.
- Minimal risk of allergies – Since the treatment involves using a person’s platelets, there is minimal risk of transferring communicable diseases or allergies. Your platelets reverse the process of androgenetic alopecia and ensure hair regrowth. PRP hair treatment does not involve any complex procedures. Performed under the supervision of an expert medical practitioner the treatment provides outstanding results.
- Treatment Cost – PRP-based hair treatment is less costly than a typical hair transplant-based hair regrowth therapy. There are many factors that dominate the cost of PRP hair treatment. Some of these factors include the reputation of the clinic, infrastructure, facilities offered and much more.
- Security: PRP hair treatment is one of its kind of sheltered treatment with minimal danger of dismissal. Since your own blood cells are used in this treatment there are no vital entry points and chances of contamination are also nearly zero.
- Treatment Duration – PRP hair treatment is one of the fastest modes of hair regrowth therapies around. The procedure is extremely quick and the results are visible right after the first session. However, it should be noted that this therapy is not permanent and regular touch-up therapy sessions are required. A detailed and specific discussion with your professional clinic will help you to get an exact idea about the duration required for the treatment. The number of PRP treatment sessions varies from person to person and the extent of hair loss and hair problem.
- Research – Since the PRP hair treatment is a novel procedure for hair regrowth, not many research papers are published for the treatment. However, the findings of the published studies conducted so far have proven that PRP-based treatment led to hair regrowth in most of the people affected by androgenetic alopecia and some common baldness problems.
- No Scarring: One of the most distinctive benefits of PRP based treatment over other advanced hair treatment includes no scarring. Since the treatment is performed with the help of needles, no cuts are made during the treatment. PRP is one of the contemporary and result-oriented hair treatments.
PRP hair therapy is generally performed by trained medical providers and is one of the safest hair loss treatment methods available. Typically, the PRP hair treatment cost may vary for the first three sessions depending on the location, equipment used, the doctor’s reputation, and the facilities at the treatment centre. Post the initial 3 sessions, every additional touch-up session shall cost around an amount over and above the treatment process.
The Key Takeaway
If you are concerned about your hair loss and looking out for modern and safe hair treatment then. PRP treatment is surely one of the best hair treatments. Talk to your nearest Hair treatment clinic to know more about this stimulating hair growth treatment.