Laser hair removal is a non-invasive procedure by which unwanted hair are removed from any part of the body by utilizing a long pulsed laser. The laser parameters are carefully defined by studying the anatomy of the hair follicle and precisely matching the laser light and pulse duration to the follicle size, depth and location to inhibit the re-growth of the hair. Laser hair removal is performed by a specially-trained laser technician or a doctor, who directs the light of a long pulsed laser onto the skin. The laser works by destroying hair that are in their active growth phase at the time of treatment. Since other hair will enter their growth cycle at different times, several sessions are necessary to destroy all of the follicles in a treatment area.
Both men and women seek laser hair removal services to get unwanted hair removed. Hair removal is commonly done on the hairline, eyebrow, top of the nose, Side burns, upper & lower lip, chin, ear lobe, face, neck, nape, shoulders, back, underarm, abdomen, buttocks, pubic area, bikini lines, thighs, breast, arms, legs, hands, and toes
The FDA-USA has approved the process as ?permanent reduction which means that one shouldn?t expect laser to remove every single hair from an area. Some might need touch-up treatments once or twice a year after the initial set of treatment for any new growth the body may develop.
Following precautions are expected from a patient during the course of the entire treatment:
- No waxing or removing hair with the root with any other way
- After treatment is completed, aloe vera should be applied to soothe the skin
- Exfoliating and/or scrubbing gently in the shower with a loofa after the treatment may help speed up the shedding process of hair
The number of treatments depends on the skin and hair colour, density and coarseness of the hair, as well as the specific area to be treated. On an average, 5-7 treatments, scheduled 4 to 6 weeks apart will approximately reduce hair growth by 70 -90%. Additional session might be required to eliminate the hairs that came out of the dormant phase and are now active.
No. it is not as painful as waxing but it generates a quick ?rubber band snap? kind of sensation with each pulse
Laser hair removal, unlike waxing, is a permanent, long-term hair removal solution-there is actually no comparison!
Popular areas for laser hair removal:
- Underarm: enjoy clean hair-free underarmsMale & female arms, underarms & hands can all be treated with laser hair removal of unwanted body hair.
- Legs: area women spend most time / money onMost DIY hair removal products provide temporary results. Laser hair removal delivers permanent results!
- Chest: bare your chest with confidenceMost men hate waxing or shaving unwanted hair. Laser chest hair removal leaves skin silky smooth & hair-free!
- Back & shoulders: hard to treat on your own!Laser hair removal treatments can permanently reduce unwanted back & shoulder hair in just a few sessions
- Full Body:Popular with both men & women, laser hair removal is fast becoming the gold standard for hair removal.
- Bikini: the most popular laser hair removal areaPubic hair & Brizilian bikini treatments let you wear the latest swimwear and intimate clothes with confidence.
Our satisfied clients are our best spokespeople. Below, you can read testimonials written by current and former patients of Metamorphosis who have experienced the difference we can make in their lives. If you would like to submit a testimonial of your own about your experience with Metamorphosis, please contact us today.